Five Spots of Varanasi That Will Steal Your Heart
It is not at all wrong to state that Varanasi has mapped itself in the hearts of people. Whether you talk about local people or tourists, they always enjoy their spiritual visit to Varanasi.
Since the tourists visit the place in huge numbers every year, it is not difficult for anybody to find the best hotels in Varanasi India. You can find plenty of staying arrangements in Varanasi. There are so many tourist spots here that it makes it quite challenging to name the best destinations. Even then, below are five spots which are going to steal your heart for sure!
- Kashi Vishwanath Mandir
- Kashi Vishwanath Mandir is one of the most ancient temples of India. It is also one of the twelve jyotirlingas. It is situated near the banks of famous river Ganga. This temple is regarded as one of the finest places to worship in the entire country. The beauty of the surroundings of this temple is that the Vishwanath Gali possesses a huge number of jewellery and banglesshops. The entire lane beams with spirituality and celebration.
- According to Hindu mythology, Lord Shiva married Goddess Parvati on Mahashivratri. As per the tradition, the devotees carried the idols of Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva in a ‘palaki’ from house of former mahant of Kashi Vishwanath Temple. They blow conch, damruand different musical instruments. The devotees head towards the sanctum of Kashi Vishwanath Temple and cater gulal and rose petals to the spiritual deities.
- Ramnagar fort
- Ramnagar Fort fascinates tourists from around the globe. It is located on the opposite bank of the river Ganga. It was constructed in the year 18th century by Maharaja Balwant Singh. It is an ancestral home of Maharaja of Banaras. The fort is beautifully built with red sandstone and possesses a temple and a museum inside the premises.
- Ramnagar fort features both Indian and Islamic chic of architecture. The mesmerising carved balconies, open courtyards and pretty pavilions are the highlights of this fort.
- Bharat Kala Bhawan
- Bharat Kala Bhawan is a museum and contains beautiful collection of paintings, scriptures, sculptures, archaeological materials and so on. There are so many distinct findings in the museum which cannot be witnessed in any other area of the world. Everything in this museum is of great value.
- Kathwala Temple
- The temple is very popular for its beautiful architecture and wood work. It is believed that it was constructed by King of Nepal and thus, the shrine is also known as Nepali Temple. It is mapped on the Lalita Ghat and arrests the attention of tourists significantly. The convoluted wood carving attracts the visitors most!
- Monkey Temple
- It is also popular as Durga Temple. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Durga but it is recognized as a Monkey Temple because it has excessive population of monkeys around it. It has been believed the reigning deity was not man-made but it appeared on its own. The shrine is built in a Nagara chic of architecture.
Thus, just get your rooms booked in a nice Varanasi India hotel and experience a rich visit to land of spirituality.