5 Best Places to Visit in Bhopal
If you want to visit the pride of Madhya Pradesh, then Bhopal is the city that you should visit. Apart from being the capital of one of the largest states of India, it is also a very popular tourist destination. Tourists from all over the world come to this city to visit some of the most popular tourist sites that are located within as well as near this city.
When looking for hotels in Bhopal make sure that you go for comfortable accommodations since there are a lot of places to see here and you will be extremely tired at the end of the day. Bad accommodation might spoil your entire journey. The first thing that you need to find out about this huge city is that which, are the places that you must visit. Let’s take a look at the top 5 places that you can visit when in Bhopal:
- The Bhimbetka Caves: Located about 45kms away from Bhopal this is a very interesting site that tourists from across the globe come and visit. These caves or rock shelters are about 400 in number and they contain various sorts of paintings and drawings. Some of these paintings date back to the days of early man. They throw some light on the life of man in the early days when utilities were scarce. You can book a car or hire a local taxi to travel to these caves.
- The Sanchi Stupa: This is also located a few kilometers away from Bhopal. The Sanchi Stupa was built by the great Indian emperor Ashoka after he embraced Buddhism. It is believed that parts of the last remains of the Buddha were kept underneath this stupa. This is a very holy destination for Buddhists across the world and is definitely a must visit for all tourists. Talk to the staff of any one of the five-star hotels in Bhopal, where you will be staying, and arrange for a cab to travel to this location.
- The Upper Lake: Bhopal is also fondly known as the city of lakes because of the many number of lakes that are located here. Of them the Upper Lake is the most famous. You can head out to the shores of this lake and enjoy a quiet time with your family and friends. You can also take part in fun water sports that are conducted over here.
- The Van Vihar National Park: If it is the wildlife that you love then head out to the heart of the city to the Van Vihar National Park. If you come here during the winters, then you will come across some really rare species of migratory birds. All in all, it promises to be a really enthralling experience amongst the flora and fauna of this place.
- The Bhojpur Temple: The structure of this temple is incomplete and it is believed to date back to the 11th It also has the largest Shiva Linga in the world, for which it attracts a lot of tourists.
These are the top 5 places in Bhopal that you definitely have to visit when in the city. Plan your stay accordingly!