Notification for Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017
Joint Entrance Exam Main exam is one of the toughest competitive engineering entrance exams for admission to engineering colleges in India. The Joint Entrance Examination is conducted in two phases which are-
- Main Exam
- Advanced Exam
Both Main and Advanced exam is organized by Central Board of Secondary Education Board. The participating colleges and institutes in Joint Entrance Exam Mains are National Institute of Technology, Indian Institute of Information and Technology and other institutions who offer admissions to Under-Graduate engineering or architecture programs whereas famous institute like Indian Institute of Technology offer admission to these courses through Joint Entrance Exam Advanced exam. The candidates are shortlisted for advanced examination through their performance in Main as well as on the basis of marks of Class 12th Board or equivalent exam.
- Online notification are going to released in second week of November, 2016
- Application form process initiates on December 1st, 2016
- Last date to submit the online application form with the scanned images is on January 2nd, 2017
- Last date to make the payment of fees with the help of credit and debit card is on January 2nd, 2017
- Last date for the payment of offline application fee is January 2nd, 2017
- Correction window for changes in application form falls in 4th week of January, 2017
- Admit card will be downloaded in 2nd week of March, 2017
- Offline Paper will be held on 2nd April, 2017
- Online Paper will be held on 8th, 9th April, 2017
- Answer key will be displayed in 3rd and 4th week of April, 2017
- Challenges to Answers key will be accepted in 4th week of April, 2017
- Results will be declared on April 27th, 2017
- Declaration of All India Ranks will be in 3rd week of June, 2017
- Availability of Rank Card will be done after release of All India Ranks
Notifications in 2017
Recommendations of Ashok Mishra, which is the committee setup by Ministry of Human Resource Department made the suggestion of the inclusion of an Aptitude Test for Indian Institute of Technology after which 4 lac candidates will be shortlisted for Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main and after that 40,000 students will be provided ranks for admission in various institutes.
There is recommendation to develop mock Exams question bank for 50+ years of Joint Entrance Exam.
From 2017, Main rank will be calculated without weight age of class 12 marks which will not be considered
Any candidate can appear for Main Exam as there are no criteria of minimum marks for class 12th percentage
If candidate qualifies for admission to various institutes through Main or Advance exam, candidate should have scored at least 75% marks in class 12th board exam and 65% marks for SC/ST students
AADHAAR card is compulsory for all Indian citizens except the candidates of Assam, Meghalaya and J&K who are taking entrance exam. At time of filling application form, engineering candidates have to enter AADHAAR number, name, gender and date of birth. If given particulars do not match with data of AADHAAR card, candidate cannot apply.
For more details on JEE Main, you can visit www.motachashma.com