Medical and Dental Entrance exam Details
National Eligibility cum Entrance Exam is a national level medical entrance exam which is conducted and regulated by Central Board of Secondary Education Board. It is conducted for the admission to MBBS or BDS courses which are offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam which is conducted in the month of May every year. From the year 2016, this exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats of the medical and dental college will be filled by the score of entrance exam.
What is new in the entrance exam 2017?
- As the per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except National Eligibility cum Entrance Exam will be held for offering admission to various medical or BDS courses in India from year 2017 except AIIMS and JIPMER.
- Entrance exam can be written in 8 regional languages which includes English, Tamil, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu
- AADHAR card are required for filling the NEET Entrance Exam.
- Official Notification will release on 15th January, 2017
- Last date to submit the application from without late fee is in last week of January, 2017
- Last date to submit the application from with late fee falls in first week of February, 2017
- Admit card will release in first week of April, 2017
- Exam will be conducted on 7th May, 2017
- Result will be declared in first week of June, 2017
- Candidate should have nationality of India
- Age Limit- The maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories. The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission
- Candidate should have qualified 12th class from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Bio-Technology or other elective subject with English
- Candidates should have scored minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in PCB group for general candidates and 45% marks for reserved categories
- For SC candidates, 15% seats are reserved
- For ST candidates, 7.5% seats are reserved
- For OBC candidates, 27% seats are reserved
- For PH candidates, 3% seats are reserved
Candidates can apply for the entrance exam on online basis
Application forms will be available from 15th January, 2017
Candidates are suggested to apply for the form as per the instructions
Candidates are required to send the confirmation page along with the required documents to the following address-
The Assistant Secretary,
Central Board of Secondary Education
Shiksha Kendra, Community Center,
Preet Vihar, Delhi
Online mode- Candidate can pay the fee through Credit card, Debit card, Net Banking or Paytm
Offline mode- Candidate can make the payment of the application form fee through Bank Challan
The fee for OBC and General candidate without late fee is Rs.1400 and with late fee is Rs.2800
The fee for reserved categories candidate without late fee is Rs.750 and with late fee it is Rs.2150
For more updates and details on NEET 2017 you can visit www.motachashma.com