An Overview of Madhya Pradesh Scholarship
One of the primary duties any government is giving importance to the state of educational development. Keeping that in mind the state government of Madhya Pradesh has introduced Scholarships for the under privileged students. Madhya Pradesh does not rank too high on the educational development index and the government is trying hard to let the under privileged students to have a chance at the pursuing higher education. The scholarship provided by the Madhya Pradesh government is mainly for the Post Matric students. Any student who is pursuing studies in class 11, class 12, Graduation, Post-Graduation, M.Phil, Doctorate or Diploma courses are eligible for the Madhya Pradesh (MP) Scholarship. The scholarship, however, is not available for the General category students. It is only available for the SC, ST and the OBC students.
The Post Matric Scholarships are hence divided into two categories- the first category is the post matric scholarship for the SC/ST students and the second category is for the OBC students. In some cases, there is a variation in the amount of scholarship given to the male and the female students. Madhya Pradesh government has its own Scholarship portal which has all the information regarding the scholarships offered by the government. The scholarship portal also provides additional information like the hostels available for the students, the nodal offices for scholarships and the much more. The website is an integrated effort to make the entire process of scholarship easier for the students.
The SC/ST scholarship
As the name suggests, the scholarship is meant exclusively for only the Scheduled class and the Scheduled Tribe students. The entire scholarship eligibility is divided into 3 sections-
- Academic qualification- As it is a post matric scholarship the candidate needs to be engaged in their academic pursuits after their 10th standard board exams. If they are pursuing their class 11, 12, graduation or any post-graduation courses then they are eligible to apply for the SC/ST scholarship.
- Family income- The scholarship is mainly directed to help out the economically backward student. It is for this reason that the MP government has made it clear that only those whose family income is less than 2.5 lakhs per annum can apply for the scholarship. However, the MP government has also mentioned that students whose family income is up to 3 lakhs per annum can also apply for the scholarship but their remuneration will vary according to their family income.
- Scholarship amount- The scholarship amount includes various allowances like those of maintenance allowance, reader allowance, book allowance and study tour allowance.
- There is no particular age limit for applying to the scholarship programme.
The OBC scholarship
This scholarship is meant exclusively for the OBC students. The eligibility for applying to the MP Scholarship programme for OBC students are as follows-
- Academic qualification- The student should be pursuing any one of the courses mentioned in the Courses list after his class 10th
- Family income- Students whose total family income from all sources is less than 2.5 lakhs per year can only apply for this scholarship programme.
- Scholarship allowance- The scholarship allowance includes maintenance allowance, reader’s allowance and study tour allowance.
For more details on the Madhya Pradesh Scholarship, you can visit on www.motachashma.com