Exam Pattern of Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design
Indian Institute of Technology located in Bombay organizes Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Bachelor’s Degree. Applicants who all are interested in Fashion Designing have to appear in this entrance exam.
- The Exam will be held for duration of 3 hours.
- The question paper’s language will be English.
- The Exam will be Computer-Based.
- Total Marks: 300 marks in total.
- Total Questions: 80 questions which will be divided in 6 topics,
- The UCEED Exam will comprise of 3 sections.
- Negative marking: All three sections havenegative marking.
Numerical Type questions
For numerical, the answer is number that need to be entered using a basic keyboard in the computer screen.No choices will be givenfor such questions.For each correct answer 4 marks are awarded and for every wrong answer–1 mark will be done.
Multiple Select Questions-
Each MSQ has four given choices.For every correct answer 5 marks are awarded and for every wrong answer–0.5 marks will be done.
Multiple Choice Questions
For every MCQ four choices are given out of which only one correct answer is chosen.For every correct answer 3 marks are awarded and for every wrong answer –1 mark is done.
Pictorial and diagrammatic questions:
- Understanding the concept of transformation and/or handling of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their relationships
- Knowledge of practical and everyday mechanisms and scientific concepts.
Observation and DesignSensitivity:
- Ability to detect hidden properties in ordinary things,people, situations, and events and thinking critically about them.
- Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reason, classification, inferring and predictions.
- Ability to find out deep differences in visual properties and creative outcomes.
Environmental and Social Awareness
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their significance on the designing of products, images, infrastructure and environment.
- Awareness of social and cultural relationships with design, history of the designing artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable designing responses.
- History of art, sculpture and literature.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Ability to analyze information’s, rather it be qualitative or quantitative in nature, and finding out the patterns from the given information.
- Ability to interpret opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate conditions.
- Ability to find hidden assumptions and evidence and argument to support conclusions.
- Ability to use logical and structural thinking, which forms number of statements in the most accurate response to asked questions.
- Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
Language and Creativity
- Ability to understand Standard English.
- Reading comprehension, Grammar consisting of sentence and its usage, tenses and its uses, verb, articles, and active and passive voice, etc. andeven includes the vocabulary skills.
Design Thinking and Problem-solving
- Ability to use visual analogy, metaphors, symbols and signs.
- Ability to understand complex nature of problem, identification of problems and finding the solutions.
For more updates on UCEED, you can visit www.motachashma.com