Food for Thought: Street Delicacies You Should Check Out in Delhi
Do you like to travel? Do you feel that in order to know a city by heart, visiting the monuments and historical palaces are not enough? Something becomes amiss if you don’t check out the local foods of that particular place. If you agree with this notion, this article is for you. Here we are going to make a list for you to taste some best local eaters of Delhi which you definitely try with your travel buddies, take note.
There are many street food tours Delhi organized by tourist agencies. To feel the local charm and to experience the inexplicable, tasting the local foods is the most authentic option one might have. Not only for the tourists, might the list come handy for the Delhi-ites as well. Keep reading.
- Rajouri Garden’s Chaat: Rajouri Garden Market is now considered as the famous food-stop in Delhi. The aloo-tikki and the Aloo chaat is going to win over your heart as the freshly cooked, flavored and spicy aloo tikka is one of a kind. Also, don’t forget to check out the famous golgappas here.
- Parathe Wali Gali: the name of the lane says it all. Located at the Chandni Chowk are, this particular lane/gali is famous for the parathe, a fried indian bread that is served with classic Mughlai items such as Chicken curry, mutton curry as well as other various delectable foods. The whole of this lane is full of local, small shops that only sell parathe! If you really want to enjoy what Delhi foods taste like, don’t forget to visit this place.
- Shree BalajiChaat Bhandar:Another famous eatery of Old Delhi, the Shree Balaji Chaat Bhandar is a must visit if you love spicy, mouthwatering local snacks. The place offers an array of special chaats all of them are equally delicious. Don’t forget to check out the paapri chaat of this place.
- Karim’s: Situated at Chandni Chowk, Karim’s is famous for the classic Mughlai khana it offers. Starting from Biriyani to the kebabs, Karim’s is famous throughout the country for the brilliantly tasty foods it offers.
- Dilli Haat: Dilli Haat is one such place that offers you the conglomeration of all the regional foods available in the whole of India. Be it Kashmere, Bengali. Odissi, Rajasthani, Gujrati foods, you’ll be provided with every possible food options here. One such great place shouldn’t be missed for the food-lovers, that’s for sure.
- Sitaram Diwan Chand: Located at Paharganj, famous for low budget hotels as well as the high-end ones, the Sitaram Diwan Chand is famous for the chole bhature it makes. The paneer flakes that are mixed with the bhature, makes it a mouthwatering food if tasted with the finely fried chole. If you are a North Indian food lover, don’t forget to visit this place.
- Shukla Paan Shop: Located at the posh Connaught Place, this small Paan shop can take your breath away with the syrupy paan, specially the chuskipaan. You’ll be offered with various varieties of paans starting from spicy ones to diet paans as well.
The list for the famous street food eateries in Delhi is actually in-exhaustive. If you intend to take a street food tour in Delhi, the afore-mentioned places are a must visit for the food-lover like you. Enjoy!