Factors To Look When Selecting Vacuum Pump Filters
The vacuum used in an industry are heavy-duty, powerful, and durable appliances, which are specifically designed and customized to meet the requirement of an industry. Before opting for an industrial vacuum system, there are some important factors to consider. These factors can lead to the optimum performance of these vacuums.
Cycles for the Duty:
These duty cycles tend to determine how long the vacuum pump will be used at a stretch. Keeping this in mind, you can make a choice of the vacuum system easily. Most of the available vacuums come at high speeds of almost 25,000 rpm. The most expensive vacuums can provide almost 25,000 hours of usage and the normal ordinary ones can take in around 3 hours every day.
You need to have a decent knowledge of the different filters used in the vacuum pumps. This will further help you in maintaining the pump in the right manner. The type of vacuum pump used determines the type of filter required.
Most of the technologies used for vacuum pumping have a level of sensitivity to contamination of the inlet particulate. You need to find a way to protect the pump from the particles in the environment in the right manner. The incoming contamination normally decides on the life of the pump. You have many forms of inlet filtration, like the elaborate bag houses to simple filters, which are screen type. You need to match the vacuum pump to the application and make a choice of the filter accordingly. This can protect the pump from damage, which, in turn, save you from the hassles and spending unnecessarily on it.
Basic Guidelines for Filters:
For maximum performance from a blower, compressor, engine, or a vacuum pump or even any other machine, which consumes air, it is essential to give the filter type utmost priority. With the proper filtration, the working environment in specific equipment can stabilize to a high level. You need to pay special attention to the size of the filter, as this can help the vacuum pump to last for a long period of time. The steps before making a choice of a filter are listed below:
- Start with the requirement of the filter cartridge. Only after selecting the apt element, you can think of the housing.
- You need to make a choice of vacuum filters based on the micron rating with the efficiencies of filtration. You need to look for a specific efficiency rating for this to work aptly as per your requirements. For industrial requirement, you need to look for at least 99% efficiency of filtration with 5 microns.
- You can size the filter in the right manner by having a clear understanding the air velocity impact via a media. You need to maintain the ratios of air-to-media.
- The capacity of holding dirt in the element leads to pressure drop. The pressure drop tends to increase with the rise of the dirt in the element. Documenting pressure drop in a filter when it is clean, either clean it or replace it when the pressure drop increases by around 20 inches from the reading originally.
- The connection of the inlet tends to influence the pressure drop.
You need to consider the type of vacuum pump, which is being used to help you determine the type of filter. Each pump tends to produce a specific oil discharge. Thus, the requirement is different. You also need to determine the oil type being used in the pump. Besides this, find out how much consumption of the oil by the pump under conditions is considered as normal. Typical rates are liters or gallons per hour.